PLoS Biology - preview on the Web

Of possible interest to readers of this list:  The Public Library of
Science has made available a preview of its to-be-launched in October
journal, PLoS Biology, at:

http://biology.plosjournals.org/

The accompanying text reads:

****
A Message from the Editorial Staff of PLoS Biology

Thanks for taking a look at our preview of PLoS Biology. We wanted to
answer the question of what will appear in the most substantive manner
possible. We hope that these papers will give you an idea of how PLoS
Biology will look and what we will publish. By publishing these articles
before the October launch issue we also get a chance to thank some of the
early pioneering authors (others are listed on the scrolling banner on the
home page).

Rather than merely claiming that PLoS Biology will publish articles that
are at the highest level within their field, we ask you to judge yourself.
As for the breadth and scope of the science you will find in PLoS Biology,
it is fair to say that it is metaphorically illustrated by these two
papers; from the molecular analysis of a microbial pathogen to the
evolutionary history of an Asian elephant.

Bear in mind, this is not a free teaser sample of things to come. All of
our content will always be freely available on the internet without
barrier. No logging in, no subscription for you or your institution. As
with everything we publish, you should feel free to download these
articles, print them, copy them, pass them along to colleagues, use them
for classes, and take full advantage of their availability.

In return we ask nothing more from you but to join your colleagues; be a
leader, help shape the future. Submit your own best work to PLoS Biology.

***