Duke University Press

Dear All

Have you ever been in direct business with Duke University Press?
Could you give me a helpful contact there ? In short, in December 2002
I ordered the back issues of Duke Mathematical Journal of the years
2000 and 2001. In Decembre 2002, I received an invoice for the 2000
issues. Unfortunately, the postal address of our library on the invoice
was incorrect. I faxed a corrective address a few days later and I paid
the invoice in January 03.

Having no news of what was going on, I phoned Duke University Press in
March and reached someone whose first name, as I understood it, was
Lesley.  That person told me
- that the back issues we had paid for had been sent a long time ago,
they were possibly lost and they would be sent again by Duke University
Press without charge
- that an invoice for the year 2001 would be sent to us.

I mailed a summary of this conversation to the person in charge of the
Book & Journal Customer Service but I didn't receive any answer to my
mail. At least, I would have been glad to know if she/he was, or was
not, the person I talked to on the phone. I have never received any
issue or information from Duke University Press since.

I feel completely stuck in that situation, not knowing what has been
done and without the slightest idea of how I could get my back issues,
or how I could be refunded.

If someone knows a helpful person working there, I would be glad if
he/she could give me a postal or email address.

Thank you

Fran�ois Rappaz

Centre de documentation de la Facult� des Sciences
Universit� de Fribourg
DokPe - Dokumentationszentrum der Naturwissenschaftlichen Fakult�t
Universit�t Freiburg
http://www.unifr.ch/dokpe/
Fax.: 41 (0)26 300 97 30
Tel.: 41 (0)26 300 92 60