Books 24x7/BusinessPro update

Hi, everyone --

Not having gotten any response to the message I sent yesterday via their
online feedback form, I called Books 24x7 again this morning and this time
actually got through to a receptionist.  (She asked me why I hadn't called
my sales rep, and when I told her who my sales rep was, she said "Oh, he
doesn't work here anymore.")  She gave me Scott Doan's number, and I had
what they call in diplomatic circles a "frank and open exchange" with him
this morning.  He was very helpful, and explained that, indeed,
BusinessPro is down and that the company expects to have the problem
solved this morning.  He also expressed concern about the weird phone
system problems I reported yesterday, and let me know that word of these
problems has reached the highest levels of the company, so I think we can
expect to see some improvement.  In the meantime, those who are having any
ongoing problems or who wish to make follow-up inquiries should contact
Bill Lippman at (781) 440-9348.

Rick Anderson
Director of Resource Acquisition
University of Nevada, Reno Libraries