RE: Independent thought under fire (RE: Fair Use Under Fire)

> I think we should be extremely concerned about where this is going.

I'm with you, Chuck.  I'm not saying DRM is no cause for concern.  I just
don't need a professional organization dictating to me what I "must"
believe and say on the issue.  ALA should absolutely take a stand on the
issue, of course, and it should present arguments in support of its
stance; but there's a big difference between actually presenting an
argument and simply telling librarians what they "must accept" and what
they "must work towards."  I mean, come on -- aren't we supposed to be all
about standing up to people who do that?

Rick Anderson
Director of Resource Acquisition
University of Nevada, Reno Libraries
(775) 784-6500 x273