From: Guy Dresser [mailto:gdresser@allenpress.com]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 5:55 PM
To: David Goodman; liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: RE: Open Access pricing and the perceived ability of research

It seems to me ironic that after librarians campaigned for years to get
printers to use acid-free paper, and for the paper mills to make it, now
that almost all of the mills making journal and book paper have converted
to the alkaline pulping process librarians are cancelling their print
subscriptions in favor of fragile electronic products. Not that I think
print has a long future, but I wonder if we were wasting our time fighting
that battle.

Guy Dresser