Blackwell Publishing announce new Library Advisory Board

We are pleased to announce the formation of Blackwell Publishing's first
Library Advisory Board.  Drawn from across the international library
community, members of the board will be charged with providing input and
advice on Blackwell's product development plans, publishing policies, and
library sales and marketing strategies of the future.

The inaugural meeting of the Board will take place during the
International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA) conference in
Berlin, Germany, on August 4th 2003.  The agenda includes discussions
related to short term plans and longer term trends in journal purchasing
models, and the place of online resources in the 21st century library.

Jill Cousins, Product Manager of Blackwell's online journals service
Blackwell Synergy, said "I'm very much looking forward to a detailed and
fruitful discussion about some key issues affecting both libraries and
publishers.  It will be interesting to see what common themes emerge from
libraries that can guide us in successfully navigating the future".

The Library Advisory Board will meet twice a year and members will serve
for two years initially.  Members of the Board include:

        Helmut Hartmann - Universit�tsbibliothek Graz - Austria
        Christian Brouwer - Universit� Libre de Bruxelles - Belgium
        Anette Schneider - Danish National Library Authority - Denmark
        Dr. Hildegard Schaeffler - Bayerische StaatsBibliothek - Germany
        Bernd-Christoph Kaemper - Universit�tsbibliothek Stuttgart - Germany
        Dr. Matthias Gottwald - Schering AG - Germany
        Elhanan Adler - MALMAD / Israel Center for Digital Information Services - Israel
        Paola Gargiulo - Universit� di Roma / Ciber Consortia - Italy
        Prof Syun Tutiya - Chiba University - Japan
        Daniel Mattes - Universidad Anahuac - Mexico
        Margarita Lugo - UAM - Mexico
        Roel Tilly - University of Maastricht - Netherlands
        Llu�s M. Anglada - Consorci de Biblioteques Universit�ries de Catalunya - Spain
        Tommy K�gner - Karolinska Institutet - Sweden
        Barbara Aronson - World Health Organization - Switzerland
        Bulent Karasozen - Middle East Technical University / ANKOS Consortia - Turkey
        Roger Brown - GlaxoSmithKline - UK
        Christine Fyfe - University of Leicester - UK
        Dr. Judith Palmer - Radcliffe Science Library - UK
        Hazel Woodward - Cranfield University - UK
        Rick Anderson - University of Nevada, Reno - USA
        Nancy Gibbs - Duke University - USA
        Ivy Anderson - Harvard University - USA

"We are delighted that these leading advocates of the library community
have agreed to join our Advisory Board", said Ren� Olivieri, Chief
Executive Officer of Blackwell Publishing.  "This is a vital step in
ensuring that we continue to grow in a way that meets the needs of our
most important customers".

For more information, please contact me directly.
Emily Gillingham
Online Journals Marketing Manager
Blackwell Publishing
mailto:emily.gillingham@oxon.blackwellpublishing.com