New SSP Service: Join E-Mail Discussion on PLOS Initiative!

Of possible interst.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:22:05 -0500 (CST)
From: Society for Scholarly Publishing <ssp@resourcenter.com>
To: ann.okerson@yale.edu
Subject: New SSP Service: Join E-Mail Discussion on PLOS Initiative!

Dear SSP Members:

I am writing to inform you of a Bill presented toCongresson June 26, 2003,
that proposes "To amend title 17, United States Code, to exclude from
copyright protection works resulting from scientific research
substantially funded by the Federal Government."

If you go to the SSP web site (www.sspnet.org), you can learn more about
the Bill and its role in a new public relations campaign by the Public
Library of Science (PLOS) launched last week.

SSP has just launched an internet e-mail discussion list for scholarly
publishers, and we'd love to have your opinion on this and other issues
that affect our industry. Join today by sending an e-mail to "ssp-
join@lists.sspnet.org" or visit the SSP web site at:
http://www.sspnet.org/public/articles/index.cfm?Cat=89, and don't miss a
word about this important topic!

Sincerely,