RE: Affiliated researchers and independent contractors

Good point!

In our very own field, electronic access opens up the possibility of
making library science journal collections available to everyone who works
in a library anywhere, not just onsite at universities where library
science is taught.  This is already beginning to happen to some extent, as
aggregators do include some of the journals in their collections, but what
is presently happening is only a tiny fraction of the potential of the
electronic medium.

my personal two bits,

Heather Grace Morrison, BC ELN