RE: Affiliated researchers and independent contractors

I believe that electronic access opens a number of opportunities,
including redefining who our primary clientele is.  In public health, I'm
certainly doing that to make better information available to all public
health practitioners in the state, regardless of their location in
Michigan.  I think the ball is really in our court to define our primary
clientele and not the vendor's.  Being Friday afternoon I'm just going to
say it--sometimes we're our own worst enemies and almost ask vendors to
screw us.

Harvey Brenneise
Michigan Public Health Institute
hbrenne@mphi.org