good publisher web sites

Joe Esposito asks an interesting question.  I'm not sure that there are
many such sites that I approve of very enthusiastically, but should
caution that I don't frequent the high-profile stm journal sites.  I would
recommend the National Academies Press site (www.nap.edu).  (1) Searching
for what you want is nearly intuitive, few false positives among the hits;
and (2) there are multiple ways to get at each product -- typically
(always?) available free online in a very functional interface (Openbook)
or in html, but also available for purchase in print or as PDF-file of the
full text or as PDF file of a given chapter (for one I'm looking at now:
free on the web, $28 for paperback, $34 for paperback+pdf, $21.50 for pdf
only, and $3.00 for single chapter in pdf).  The goal is to find what I
want:  this gives me multiple pathways tailored to my wants.

Jim O'Donnell Georgetown University