RE: Cataloguing open access

Lotte Jorgensen, I am impressed by the extent of the work you and your
colleagues have been doing. I agree that yours is a viable option, and
may be the best choice especially for a scientific or technical
collection.

There is certainly room to experiment, as no one at all thinks the
existing systems are really satisfactory. In particular, I think I would
agree with you that we need to be talking about an integrated
article/journal system, not just a system at the journal level.

My personal opinion is to go with the catalog supplemented by SFX, but my
reason is mainly that this is the approach I know the best as that's the
system I work with.

Perhaps the details of this belong elsewhere, but I would think that
discussions of the general concepts remain appropriate here, because the
usability of the access system is certainly crucial.

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, [iso-8859-1]