Re: Trust a high value in electronic content

Well, that example is saying that PNAS should be free to US citizens
(only), and Phil trans roy soc to UK , and CRASP to French, and so on.
Question: do they mean residents of Canada, or Canadian citizens wherever
they may be located, if they mean the later, then how do they propose to
administer it?.

The only similar example I can think of is theses from a state university
that shall go un-named, that are only accessible to their own students or
perhaps those visiting the campus.

I do not doubt the good intentions of those involved, but they have not
thought things through--if we all make the foreigners pay, I do not see
how any net progress is being made. I think the general concept is called
merchantilism, but I'm no expert.