ALA Program Announcement

Let's keep talking about e-journal aggregators!

Join librarians working with systems, technical services, public services,
and vendors as we take a hard look at the latest issues involved with
these packages.

The ALCTS Serials Section Policy, Research, & Publications Committee is
delighted to present a return engagement, with the generous support of the
CLA Collection Development & Management Interest Group:

The Serials Pig in the Aggregators' Poke III
10:30 AM - Noon Saturday 21 June 2003
Ballroom East
Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel (SHER)

Judy Luther, President, Informed Strategies, LLC, will moderate a
discussion with the audience and among representative players in the
serials aggregator arena, including the panelists:

* Scott Dennis, Humanities Librarian and Coordinator, Core Electronic
Resources (University of Michigan)

* Janet Gaisford, Manager, Acquisitions (Toronto Public Library)

* Nina Saklikar, Systems Librarian (Simon Fraser University, Vancouver,
BC)

PROGRAM WEB SITE!

For more information on our program and a full list of co-sponsors, please
visit our web site.  We plan to add many relevant and useful resources
there following the Toronto Conference, so visit soon and visit often to
see what's new.

Three easy steps to the program web page:

The ALCTS office suggests that you will find the most reliable way to
get to the program's web page by going to the main ALCTS page and
navigating from there:

(1)First, go to the ALCTS Home Page:
<http://www.ala.org/alcts>

(2)Second, On the far right hand side of the page, under Annual
Conference, click on "Programs"

(3)Third, Scroll down about =BE of the way to "The Serials Pig in the
Aggregators' Poke" which acts as a hot link to the program web page.

Some of us prefer using this shortened URL (warning: we cannot guarantee
that this will not point to old data, but it is working just fine so far):
<http://serialspig3.notlong.com>

Ann S. Doyle
Serials Acquisitions Librarian
Co-Leader, Young Library Serials Team