E-Learning: Intellectual Property

Intellectual Property Law -- What does it mean for information
professionals?

The College of Information Studies at University of Maryland announces the
third offering in our Electronic Continuing Education Program in
Information Law and Policy -- Intellectual Property in the Information
Age: From the Basics to Breaking Developments.

This course will run online from July 14-July 25, 2003. It will survey the
basics of copyright law and address the following questions: Do we
understand how the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is being used
today by big business? How the DMCA substantially changed the reproduction
rights of libraries? Or how the Copyright Term Extension Act, now upheld
by the Supreme Court, affects my institution? In addition, ample
opportunity is provided for interaction with the faculty through
asynchronous as well as live chat discussions.

Enrollment is open through June 30. For full information and a link to our
secure server for registration and payment see:
http://www.clis.umd.edu/ce.  Once again the course is available at a
reduced rate of $95 (regularly $295 for our in-person version).