Re: Libraries Urge Justice Departmen to Block Cinven and CandoverPurchase of BertelsmannSpringer

My own personal answer to all three questions is that it depends on not
just the intentions but also the competence of the parties, both with
regard to the existing state of the former companies and to the STM
publishing and library situation.

As with publishers generally, I hope for substantial improvements but I do
not really expect much. Perhaps it is better not to judge them entirely on
the basis of their initial press releases.

Dr. David Goodman

Princeton University Library
and
Palmer School of Library and Information Science, LIU
dgoodman@princeton.edu