Re: Reporter faked the news.

I wish to make the unpopular point that what the NY Times does with its
archive is its own business.  I have no idea what they intend to do (the
pompous analysis on their wayward reporter in today's paper doesn't really
fill one with hope), but it is theirs to do with as they please.  They
cannot, legally or practically, recall the hardcopies of past issues, but
their electronic archive is their property.  If it were mine to deal with,
I wouldn't expunge it (I would annotate it), but it is not mine (alas!).

Joe Esposito