ERIC system challenges

-----Original Message-----
From: Corby, Kate [mailto:corby@mail.lib.msu.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 9:18 AM
Cc: ERIC Access Committee (E-mail); exec@lib0web.lib.msu.edu
Subject: EBSS Position Statement

To Mary Ellen Davis and other interested parties

>From the EBSS Ad Hoc Committee on Access to Government Sponsored Education
Research

We have prepared two papers that we think will help ACRL, and possibly
ALA, understand the current situation with the ERIC system and respond in
an appropriate and forceful way.  One is an overview of the current ERIC
system, the other is our position statement on the proposed changes.
Information about who to contact, including contact details is available
at our web site at
http://www.lib.msu.edu/corby/education/eric/clearinghouse.htm

Please note that May 9th is the final deadline for comments.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.  Please call or email
me with any questions or concerns.