Re: Perenial renewal problems with ASCE journals

I can report that - with the kind intervention of AIP's Online journal
services who are hosting ASCE's journals and requested ASCE to urgently
settle the matter - we had access only one day after my message to
liblicense-l. In compensation for the several weeks we were cut off from
access, we will ask for a partial refund or at least a voucher to be
applied to purchases of other ASCE publications.

Our requests to the publisher for comments, explanations or advice how
such a situation could be avoided in future went unanswered, as in the
previous years.

>From another university library in Germany (Technical University of
Munich) I know that they experienced exactly the same scenario as I had
described in my e-mail to liblicense-l. Hopefully they get their access
now restored also (Lafayette College was also finally given online access
last Thursday, as Ms. Sinha told me).

--
Bernd-Christoph Kaemper, Dipl.-Physiker, Bibl.-Rat
Fachreferent f�r Physik und Koordination elektronischer Ressourcen