New Librarian Rate for the SSP Annual Meeting, Baltimore, May 28-30, 2003

Librarians are invited to register for the SSP Annual Meeting for $250,
almost half the member rate (if you are a librarian working in a library
and a member, this rate is for you too).  (After May 2nd, the librarian
rate will increase to $300.)

SSP is the Society FOR Scholarly Publishing, not OF Scholarly Publishers,
and librarian viewpoints and input are welcomed.  Our conference theme
this year "Navigating Change" includes many sessions of shared interest,
such as the three plenaries:

o Scholarly Publishing 25 Years From Now
o Designing for the Scent of Information, and
o The Great Debate: "Be it resolved�that it is time to kill print."

There are also four sets of concurrent sessions, covering topics such as

o Tools and Strategies for Managing Digital Assets,
o Research Patterns of Scholars,
o Online Learning Tips from Those Running Programs that Work, and
o Understanding Usage and Abusage

For an additional fee, there are five preconference seminars from which to
select:

o XML Workflows: Getting and Using XML Effectively
o The Evolution of Licensing and What It Means to Our Business Strategies
  Linking Implementation
o Content Management, and
o Pricing and Value in Electronic Literature: Validating Pricing Policy in
  a Complex Market.

If you want to learn more about the business environment of publishers and
are interested in influencing publishers' decisions as an informed
customer, this meeting is a great opportunity to meet the publishers who
want to meet you.  If you are working in digital library initiatives,
preparing scholarly portals, or planning institutional repositories,
you�ll find many areas of practical advice.

Please view our web site for a full description of the conference venue,
programs, speakers and exhibits, and for registration information:

https://www.sspnet.org

Best regards,
Judy Luther, MLS, judy.luther@informedstrategies.com
Norman Frankel, Norman_Frankel@ama-assn.org
SSP Annual Meeting Program Co-Chairs

October Ivins, MLS, october.ivins@mindspring.com
Lois Smith, lois@hfes.org
SSP Education Committee (Seminars) Co-Chairs