From: Dave Fisher
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Sent: 4/2/03 11:25 PM
Subject: Re: Archival copies of software

The archival copy is a surrogate of the original. Once the original is
lost or destroyed, the archival copy assumes the place of the original in
the collection and an archival copy can then be made of that copy.
That's the beauty of archival privileges.

David L. (Dave) Fisher
dfisher@ucsd.edu

>>> mgooch@wooster.edu 04/02/03 03:03PM >>>

I have an interesting question. Many accompanying discs/disks allow for an
archival copy to be made.  Does anyone know how/when that copy can be
used.  For example, if the original is stolen, is it allowable to replace
it with the archival copy or can another copy be made to go with the book?

Thanks
--
Mark D. Gooch
mgooch@wooster.edu