RE: Confidentiality language and the netLibrary license

> It is, I believe, neither uncommon nor unexpected that someone would not
> want his or her business dealings broadcast to the world.

You're right; it's completely understandable that netLibrary would prefer
to keep the details of its dealing with customers secret.  The question
isn't whether it's understandable or even whether there's a precedent.
The question is whether it's reasonable, and whether there's any reason
for us to go along with it.  It offers the library side no benefit
whatsoever and makes it more difficult for us to compare notes with each
other.

Rick Anderson
Director of Resource Acquisition
The University Libraries
University of Nevada, Reno          "It takes a pretty good
1664 No. Virginia St.                meeting to be better
Reno, NV  89557                      than no meeting at all."
PH  (775) 784-6500 x273                -- Boyd K. Packer
FX  (775) 784-1328
rickand@unr.edu