From: Brian Simboli [mailto:brs4@lehigh.edu]
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 11:02 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Re: Elsevier profit

The following is an intriguing idea. Has it ever been entertained or
discussed in any way? Brian Simboli

	"Frankly, if the US Government simply dictated that all research
	resulting from federal grants had to be freely available to the
	public who paid for it would put a big hole in publisher
	monopolies."