Re: Confidentiality language and the netLibrary license

It is, I believe, neither uncommon nor unexpected that someone would not
want his or her business dealings broadcast to the world.  I would not
want the details of my mortgage posted on a Web site.  I would have hoped
that Bentham's Panopticon was a misguided historical fact and not a vision
for the new world.  The real tragedy is that confidentiality must be
enforced by contract rather than being a working, operating assumption of
an ethical society.

Joe Esposito