Response from Tom Ryan, Science

I am pleased to be able to communicate this somewhat revised statement
from the publishers of Science:

"Science is committed to developing a cost effective perpetual archive
program.  It is for that reason we are participating in the LOCKSS project
and exploring a number of other options that may provide the long term
preservation of our e-journal titles to the scholarly community.  Science
does not at the present offer perpetual access;  but, it is something we
plan to do.  We are dedicated to finding a long term solution.

Tom Ryan
Director of Site Licensing"

(Speaking personally, I consider this very satisfactory progress)

Dr. David Goodman
Princeton University Library
and
Palmer School of Library & Information Science, Long Island University
dgoodman@princeton.edu