AIP to Sign RoweCom Prepaid Order Agreement

***Please excuse cross-posting***

RoweCom (divine) has been directed by the United States Bankruptcy Court
of the District of Massachusetts Eastern Division to deliver to their
customers and publications providers/publishers the RoweCom Prepaid Order
Agreement.  As you may know, publishers who sign this Agreement agree to
continue to fulfill subscriptions to customers who have prepaid RoweCom,
AND who have also signed the subscriber/institution version of this
Agreement.  The subscriber/institution version of this Agreement assigns
the institution's claim to the individual Publishers who have also signed
the Agreement.  Or, in legal terms according to the court documents,
"pursuant to which [RoweCom Prepaid Order Agreement] a customer may agree
to transfer its respective claims associated with prepaid subscriptions in
exchange for the agreement of publishers to deliver the respective Prepaid
Subscriptions associated with such claims."

AIP plans to sign this agreement and thereby will be fulfilling
subscriptions to those institutions who have already paid RoweCom (divine)
AND who have signed this Agreement as well.  As a provider of fulfillment
services to other publishers, we would also like to inform you that all of
the publishers who use AIP fulfillment services (see list*) are included
within our Agreement or plan to sign this same Agreement on their own
behalf.

AIP urges all institutions who have paid RoweCom (divine) to sign the
RoweCom Prepaid Order Agreement so that AIP can continue to provide you
with uninterrupted fulfillment of your subscriptions for 2003.

I hope this information is helpful.  If you have any questions or need any
further information, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer
Service Department via e-mail at nonrenew@aip.org, via phone at
800-344-6902 or 516-576-2270, or by fax at 516-349-9704.

Thank you.

Lori S. Carlin
Director, Circulation and Fulfillment
American Institute of Physics

*List of publishers

Acoustical Society of America (ASA)
American Astronomical Society (AAS)
American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM)
American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT)
American Institute of Physics (AIP)
American Physical Society (APS)
AVS - The Science and Technology Society
Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES)
International Centre for Diffraction Data (ICDD)
Institute of Physics (IOP), North American Distribution
ISA - The Instrumentation, Systems, and Automation Society
Laser Institute of America (LIA)
MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica Publishing
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG)
The Society of Rheology (SOR)