Re: IEEE online statistics now available

Does IEEE really believe it is sufficient to provide just monthly
statistics of total numbers of:

PDFs served, Abstracts served, Concurrency denials

for IEL as a whole with out any differentiation according to even the
broad range of sources for these hits, like Journals, Conference
Proceedings, Standards? Not to mention statistics on the level of
individual journals, statistics according to the route taken (browsing,
searching), statistics of ip ranges on campus from which accesses were
received, etc.

Is IEEE aware of initiatives like COUNTER? Why does it not participate?

P.S.: I had a lot of technical problems before I could use the site.
Apparently, it does not work with Netscape 4.79, Internet Explorer was ok.

--
Bernd-Christoph Kaemper, Dipl.-Physiker, Bibl.-Rat
Fachreferent f�r Physik und Koordination elektronischer Ressourcen