Re: Elsevier's Vanishing Act-The Real Issue

David Goodman is right, but it's not only for political correctness that
AAV's paper has been removed. It's for commercial reasons too: Nature, vol
6862, vol 414, p. 382: "One ASHI member was so offended by the article
that he resigned, she (i. e. Suciu Foca) says. " We would have had mass
resignations and the journal would have been destroyed if this paper were
allowed to remain." Well, this is a scientific argument! And we must
remember that during centuries books have been burnt all over the world
for political, scientific or religious reasons. Nowdays, the fire is
electronic.

"Wherever they burn books they will also, in the end, burn human beings".
Heinrich Heine

Francois Lapelerie
Universite de la Mediterranee
Marseille. France