From: Anthony Watkinson
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Sent: 1/26/03 4:04 AM
Subject: Re: Athens security scam [long] <fwd>

It is good to have a posting from Alan, who is a real expert in this area.
I did hear back in 2001 that a major US learned society publisher
suspected that a Russian institute was attempting to use methods like
those described below to set up a database of journals for sale in a
specific discipline. If my memory is correct this publisher may like to
comment, but I am keeping my posting vague in case the people concerned
would rather keep quiet.