Accessing Evidence-based Nursing

Yale Univ recently subscribed to Evidence-based Nursing (EBN Online). EBN
is a BMJ/Royal College of Nursing title available via Highwire Press using
IP-authentication.

So I was surprised to receive login procedures from EBN Online, and then
horrified to read them. The login document consists of four screen shots
with lengthy captions explaining where to click in order to successfully
navigate through to the actual full text, while avoiding various links to
payment and password-protected access options. (How even a regular user of
EBN will make it to full text without a copy of the login procedures is a
mystery to me.)

EBN Online has unwittingly created a de facto secondary access control
which not only defeats IP-based access but any access at all. Highwire
Press is sympathetic but had to refer me back to the publishing society.
RCN responded that they need a "few weeks" to consider their login
procedures. Is anyone else out there dealing with EBN Online? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Daniel
Daniel Dollar, MLS
Reference and Digital Resources Librarian
Cushing/Whitney Medical Library, Yale School of Medicine
333 Cedar Street, P.O. Box 208014, New Haven, CT 06520-8014
voice: 203/785-2883, fax: 203/785-5636
daniel.dollar@yale.edu