From: Jennifer Cassidy [mailto:jcassidy@westernu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 12:11 PM
To: 'liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu'
Subject: Distribution of Passwords

We recently set up a proxy server to allow remote access to our electronic
resources. My question to the list is how do you distribute passwords to
faculty and students? Prior to the proxy server I e-mailed passwords for
our databases to the faculty and offered passwords to our distance
students only, sometimes through e-mail and sometimes over the phone. I
remember when I was in college we received the proxy passwords in class
from an instructor, never through e-mail. Just wondering what most
libraries are doing.

Jennifer Cassidy
Harriet K. & Philip Pumerantz Library
Western University of Health Sciences