Re: Distribution of Passwords

We generally try to insist on IP-based access in our licenses, rather than
publisher-specific passwords.  But if the publisher refuses...

We then take advantage of the campus central authentication hub (and
EZProxy) to make the publisher passwords available.  Remote users must log
in with their university email ID and password; once in, they can view a
page that lists the publisher-specific password.  It is an annoying /
confusing 2-step process for such users, but at least they can get access
after hours when there are no reference staff to call / visit to ask for
the password.

Jim Stemper
University of Minnesota Libraries
309-19th Ave. So., Minneapolis, MN  55455
Voice: (612) 624-7082           Fax: (612)
626-9353
stemp003@tc.umn.edu             http://www.lib.umn.edu