Re: journal and publication costs, corrected figures

David:  I'm not sure I fully understand the argument below.  I do
understand that in a particular year, ISI reported that Yale authors
published 4648 articles (as indexed in ISI's WoS presumably) and that in
that same year Yale reported that it spent $10M on serials.  But how does
that equate with each Yale article being worth over $2K to repurchase?
That is, for that $10M, the library is buying journals, newspapers,
annuals, databases, e-aggregations and services, tons of microform
subscriptions, art images, and much much more -- *and* indeed we are
buying tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of articles more than
those that our faculty publish.  So, I need some help in following the
thread below.

Many thanks, Ann Okerson/Yale Library-Collections Development