question about quotations

Hello everyone:

I am working on a web site project for the library I work in, and would
like to use some quotes from online periodical databases (via Proquest).
These are short quotes under 130 words. most around 50 words, from 6 or so
different articles. I was reading through the licensing agreements online,
and they say "do not publish" materials from the site. Does the usual fair
use rule apply for short quotations when the source is an online database?

Much appreciate any suggestions,

Beverly Stafford

Beverly B. Stafford			         phone: (503) 988-5728
Music Librarian/Humanities Reference	         Multnomah County Library
email:stafford@multcolib.org                     801 SW 10th Avenue
                                                 Portland, OR  97205