American Mathematical Society Policy - Rowecom

AMS policy for Rowecom/divine/Faxon Library Service subscriptions

The American Mathematical Society will work individually with all
institutions that paid for 2003 subscriptions to AMS products through
Rowecom divine Information Service to ensure that institutions receive
uninterrupted access to our publications and database products. If your
institution will commit to subscribe to those same products for the
following year, 2004, we will work with you to be certain you do not have
to pay a second time for your 2003 subscription. As a scientific society
as well as publisher, our mission is to provide a stable environment for
the dissemination of scholarship and research. We believe this policy best
reflects that mission.

Your commitment to subscribe in 2004 should be a good faith commitment. We
hope that the money paid for subscriptions is recovered and eventually
applied for its original purchase. If only a portion is recovered and
returned to the institutions, we hope to receive a proportional share in
return for our pledge of uninterrupted service.

For further information, please contact Lori Sprague (las@ams.org or
401-455-4064).

John Ewing, Executive Director