Ebsco Press Release re RoweCom Europe

EBSCO to Acquire RoweCom European Operations

Dear Customer,

We are pleased to confirm the agreement between Ebsco Industries, Inc. and
divine, inc. for EBSCO to acquire the European Operations of RoweCom. This
agreement includes RoweCom France, U.K., and Spain. Please see the
enclosed press release.

Under French law, this transaction requires regulatory approval. This
process is expected to take approximately 4 to 6 weeks. EBSCO will be
working closely with divine during the transition period to insure
continuing operations of RoweCom Europe.

The integration of RoweCom Europe with EBSCO, the world's leading
subscription and information management company, will enable our company
to consolidate its position as leader in the French information market
and, at the same time, benefit from EBSCO's wide experience in the
information services business as well as its advanced position in
technology and e-products.

We are pleased to report that EBSCO and RoweCom France have secured
significant publisher commitments to assist with a successful transition.
Subscription service will be continued through this transition period. We
are grateful for the patience and understanding of publishers as such is
an important element in continuing our services to you without
interruption.

With this agreement you should rest assured that the resources are
available to fund the business on a forward-looking basis and to insure
that we can maintain the highest level of services to our customers.

We recognize this acquisition is taking place at a critical time in the
subscription ordering cycle. Please be assured that subscription
continuity and customer service are our highest priorities during this
transition phase. We would like to assure you the teams based in Villebon
/ Palaiseau will remain your daily contacts and will, of course, still be
ready to help you with your subscription management needs.

We thank you for your understanding during this transition phase.

Sincerely yours,

Luc Prudhon, Managing Director, RoweCom France

and

F. Dixon Brooke, Jr., Vice President, Division General Manager
EBSCO  Information Services
dbrooke@ebsco.com
phone:  (205) 991 - 1222
fax:  (205) 995 - 1518