Copyright and plagiarism (RE: NYTimes.com Article: Moore Foundation funds new journals)

I think you're confusing breach of copyright with plagiarism.  Claiming
authorship of something you didn't write is plagiarism; selling or
distributing copies of work to which you do not hold the copyright is a
copyright violation.  A work that is in the public domain may be copied
and distributed without penalty, but that doesn't mean you can claim to be
the author.

Rick Anderson
rickand@unr.edu
__