Re: NYTimes.com Article: Moore Foundation funds new journals

The NYTimes got this fact wrong.  The PLoS doesn't want authors to put
their articles into the public domain.  It wants them to retain copyright
but to permit anyone to copy or redistribute the work "subject to the
condition that proper attribution be given whenever the work is reproduced
or redistributed."  For more details, see the PLoS license,
<http://www.publiclibraryofscience.org/license.htm>.

Peter Suber, Professor of Philosophy
Email peters@earlham.edu
Web http://www.earlham.edu/~peters
Editor, Free Online Scholarship Newsletter
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/
Editor, FOS News blog
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/fosblog.html
___