Re: Communication flow in agricultural research

There are a number of projects underway to improve access to the
agricultural research literature in the developing countries.  TEEAL (The
Essential Electronic Agricultural Library) http://www.teeal.org offers
low-cost access to 140 of the major agricultural journals on CD-ROM.  FAO
(Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations) is working with
libraries and publishing bodies throughout the developing countries to
increase online availability of agricultural publications.  As Ann Okerson
mentioned, other initiatives are in the development stage and will
hopefully be announced soon on this list.

Mary Ochs
TEEAL Project Director