Strange subscription policy -- journal of forensic sciences

         I have just encountered one of the strangest arrangements for
subscriptions to e-journals that I have encountered.  For the Journal of
Forensic Sciences (which is distributed electronically by ASTM), I am
advised by ASTM that an annual subscription runs Jan-November (an 11 month
year).  In order to access the journal in December, one has to have
renewed for the following year (even though the subscription period for
that year is also January - November).

         I confess that this ranks right near the top on the e-journal
rationality scale.

K. Mulliner       Collection Development Coordinator
Ohio University Libraries                       PHONE:  740-593-2707
Athens, OH 45701-2978, USA      FAX:    740-593-2708
mulliner@ohio.edu