Re: Shrinkwrap contract on books

>  Isn't it a pity that Stallman's article is not available in open access?
>
> Jan Velterop

Actually it is.  Asking Google to find Richard Stallman's "The right to
read" produces the reference
  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/right-to-read.html at the top of the list.
It is also the first item under Society > Issues > Intellectual Property
in Google's Web Directory ( http://directory.google.com/ ).

My citing the ACM DOI was simply a (lazy) cut-and-paste from a
bibliographical note I had in a readily available piece of e-mail.

I'm not sure how widely available (tightly restricted) the ACM DOI
reference is because I may well be accessing it as part of an
institutional subscription arrangement.

Stephen D. Franklin
University of California, Irvine
E-mail: franklin@uci.edu