Swets Blackwell introduces E-journal Access Services

PRESS RELEASE

Swets Blackwell introduces E-journal Access Services

Lisse, the Netherlands - November 27, 2002 -- Swets Blackwell, the leading
global subscription and information services company, announced today the
introduction of its E-Journal Access Services. The new services facilitate
and support organizations in the acquisition and management of
subscriptions to any e-journal title currently available.

E-journal Access Services are being introduced as a result of the rapid
increase in the number of e-journal subscriptions. More than 15% of
subscriptions handled by Swets Blackwell are electronic ones, and this
proportion is expected to grow even further in 2003.

Arjen Oudheusden, Marketing Director at Swets Blackwell, said: "Our
customers expect the quickest possible set-up for access to their
e-journals. In response to their needs, we have invested heavily in
redesigning our systems and procedures, as well as by intensifying
cooperation with our publisher partners. We believe with the resulting
E-Journal Access Services, our customers will be guaranteed swift and easy
access to their subscribed e-publications."

Swets Blackwell's efforts to streamline policies with the top 100 STM
publishers - representing 90% of its e-journal subscriptions - form the
foundation of its E-journal Access Services. The new services cover such
areas as negotiating grace periods and simplifying license agreements with
Swets Blackwell's publisher partners. More information on Swets
Blackwell's E-journal Access Services is available at
www.swetsblackwell.com/ejas <http://www.swetsblackwell.com/ejas>

About Swets Blackwell

Swets Blackwell (www.swetsblackwell.com <http://www.swetsblackwell.com> )
is the world's largest subscription agent, with offices in 22 countries on
6 continents. It provides a wide range of subscription management
solutions for academic, scientific, technical, medical, corporate and
government libraries and information centers worldwide. Founded in 1901,
Swets Blackwell counts among its 60,000 customers many of the world's
major research libraries and over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies. In
recognition of the superior service it provides, Swets Blackwell has been
granted ISO 9001:2000 accreditation.

# # #

For more information please contact:
Sarah Kellman