Re: PubScience Coverage

I'd be delighted if David or someone else will tell me that I am wrong,
but it appears to me that SciRus simply provides indexing for commercial
journals or data bases owned by Elsevier (or a subsidiary), plus indexing
for whatever is out there available without charge.

That product is fine, as far as it goes.  One has to wonder, though, how
many users are unaware of how much other information (Elsevier's
commercial competitors) is not included in this indexing, and therefore
how limiting SciRus actually might be.

My own experience in searching SciRus is that they also index papers which
appear in their journals, but they make no reference to the fact that some
of these papers may be freely available on an insititutional or personal
web site.  Rather, SciRus suggests that to get the full text of the
article, one must pay something in the vicinity of $30 per article.
PubSCIENCE pointed to the web site in many of these cases.

Please let me know about other experiences.

Sue Martin