Lost content clause?

Posting on behalf of a colleague. Please respond to Chris Sugnet. There
were some helpful examples on the Liblicense-L web site-perhaps list
members have others?

Thanks,

Reeta

***

Given W. Kluwer's recent announcement that 60 journals in the
international law area have been sold to another publisher I would very
much appreciate any examples of license lingo that addresses compensation
or annual invoice proration for lost content during the license period.

This is for a consortium license for Kluwer, but this could happen to any
product. I'm not sure what would be reasonable compensation for loss of
significant content during a three-year license period. Usually the issue
is how to deal with added content.

Please send examples or suggestions to me and I'll be happy to share a
summary.

Regards, Chris Sugnet
Epscor Science Information Group  (ESIG)

csugnet@ccmail.nevada.edu