Re: Serials Payment Dates

I loudly support this.  Also when publishers change their whole
print/online pricing strategy and only tell us in October/November they
should not be surprised that it takes a little while for libraries to
prepare their plans.

On 6 Nov 2002 at 17:48, Christine Taft wrote:

> Although I do not now deal with serials renewals I did a few years
> ago. I believe that we frequently did not get information about price
> increases until sometime in October.  This makes it very difficult to
> make informed decisions about serials renewals, much less payments by
> early November. One partial solution would be to decide on prices
> earlier so that serials librarians could begin to make decisions
> earlier.

Frank Norman, Librarian. National Institute for Medical Research
The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA,  UK
tel 020 8816 2227   fax 020 8816 2230   email fnorman@nimr.mrc.ac.uk