Re: Books with Media

My personal preference is to not open the seal. Usually the contents of
the media is of so little appeal that users don't do so either. If they
do, it might *conceivably* bind them--or at least the one who opens it--or
it might not. I do not feel called on to decide.

Most such licenses are in any event assuming a personal individual user,
and do not address the issue of library use. Even if we did break the
seal, presumably in order to put our library markings on the item, we
aren't using the material, and the people who might be using the material,
haven't broken the seal or necessarily seen the notice.

The one thing I personally would not do in such a case is to put the
material on a library server.

On Thu, 24
Oct 2002, Ann