Re: jurisdiction language

I understand what our French colleagues mean when they speak of the
tenacity of American lawyers.  So are we in a position where our laws
require us to eschew a cheaper, fairer, and more collegial form of dispute
resolution in favor of one that is expensive, favors one side, and renders
what will in any event be trivial disputes more complex and
time-consuming?  I will confess myself at least slightly frustrated and
baffled by this turn and repeat my request for an example of a good
license actually signed by a Europe-only publisher -- to show to our
French colleagues as an example.

Jim O'Donnell
Georgetown University