From: Sloan, Bernie
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 10:15 AM
Subject: Users Turn to Online Library Materials Before Printed Ones

An interesting article in the Chronicle of Higher Education...

An excerpt:

"An expansive study of the information-gathering habits of students and
faculty members has found that they first turn to online materials, although
most view print as a more reliable source of information."

Full article available at:

http://chronicle.com/free/2002/10/2002100301t.htm
<http://chronicle.com/free/2002/10/2002100301t.htm>

Bernie Sloan
Senior Library Information Systems Consultant
University of Illinois Office for Planning and Budgeting
338 Henry Administration Building
506 S. Wright Street
Urbana, IL  61801

Phone: (217) 333-4895