Re: Question re: Lessig and the Creative Commons project

What's different, Rick? As I understand it, the Creative Commons
initiative adds to the simple display of works on the Internet a licence
securing certain conditions for the author: generally this is what one
might call "public domain plus".

What is more - although this doesn't seem to get as much airplay as the
public-domain-enhancing side of it - the Creative Commons literature
foresees including licences involving payment - in which case it would be
hard to distinguish it from a kind of collecting society - CC or CCC?

Chris Zielinski
Director, Information Waystations and Staging Posts Network
18 Monks Orchard, Petersfield, Hants GU32 2JD, United Kingdom
Tel: 0044-1730-301297 Mobile/cell: 0044-797-10-45354 Fax: 0044-1730-265398
e-mail: informania@supanet.com web site: http://www.iwsp.org