Re: E-resource licensing and virtual reference

Hi, Bernie!

I'd say the walk-in exemption was one of those anachronisms that the
publishers are using to limit access in a way that librarians can live
with - like permitting a library to satisfy an interlibrary loan request
with a photocopy or fax but not in retainable digital form.  If the
license doesn't permit "virtual walk-ins," then I would assume the
exemption is limited to corporeal bodies.  After all, pretty near everyone
can pick up the phone.

-- Carl