FIGARO - European Academic Digital Publishing Initiative

For information, see:  http://www.figaro-europe.net/

This site is dedicated to FIGARO, a newly formed European academic
e-publishing initiative focused on the creation of an effective and
affordable communication and publishing environment for scholars. It is
intended as an information source for anyone and everyone who has an
interest in the development of scholarly communication and electronic
publishing. If you would like to receive future information on the
progress of FIGARO, please fill in the boxes at the bottom of this page
and click register and you will receive project updates.

***

Mission of FIGARO

As a partner organisation within the European academic community, our
mission is to enhance scientific communication by improving the speed,
simplicity and cost, which we aim to do through innovations in scholarly
publishing.

We strive to provide effective and efficient e-publishing services to
individual scientists and scientific organisations through the use of a
shared organizational structure and the utilization of open source and
standard base software tools wherever possible.

We are committed to supporting our customers by facilitating scientific
communication and the publishing process in a way that allows them to
retain ownership of their work as well as present their own profile or
identity.

--end--